jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Best approach to update nodetypes hieararchy
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:36:01 GMT
On 1/22/06, Martin Perez <mpermar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently, I have a defined nodetype hiearchy, and deployed an application
> with that hierarchy. Now, I find that this hierarchy will change on next
> version, so I need to update legacy repository node types. This update can
> mean adding node child defintions, adding properties to node definitions,
> etc...
> So, what is the best approach to solve this problem?

i have a similar issue. ideally we'd be able to issue ddl-style
commands to the repository to have structural changes made for us, but
the jcr specification doesn't allow for it.

my current plan is to build a migration tool that copies data from a
repository with the old structure to a fresh one with the new
structure. that way i can roll back to the old repository (and version
of my application) if something goes wrong with the migration.

View raw message