jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: problem with index not being updated
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:16:35 GMT
On 1/11/06, Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:

> hmm, that is pretty strange. a ThreadDeath is only thrown when the
> thread is stopped with Thread.stop(). the query handler does not catch
> any errors. If a ThreadDeath can happen during regular operation I need
> to change the query handler to be able to deal with such a situation.

i see them all the time with tomcat, after i've reloaded a web
application several times during a development cycle. there's a lot of
discussion about it on the tomcat list and others. something about
memory leaks and classloaders. i haven't paid that much attention
because the proposed fixes never work for me ;)