jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: corrupted root node state
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:44:57 GMT
On 1/4/06, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:

> your working hypothesis is absolutely correct. the problem is caused by a
> bug in derby's stream implementation returned by ResultSet.getBinaryStream().
> the problem occurs when you read across an internal 32k buffer boundary.
> i suppose the bug is somewhere in derby's MemByteHolder class.
> i also agree with you that this code is, erm..., quite confusing :(

heh. we had a feeling it was a data structure size issue. i even
looked at MemByteHolder at one point, but i didn't connect the dots.
glad you did!

> the good news is that your repository data is not corrupt and that
> there's an easy temporary workaround for the derby bug (see attachment).

awesome. shall i report a derby bug, or have you already done that?

> i guess you owe me a beer :)

i owe you a sixer. if we ever make it to apachecon at the same time, it's yours.

thanks!