jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Leau <costin.l...@gmail.com>
Subject escape/unescape jcr names implementation
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:31:04 GMT
# sorry for the previous email, I hit the send button accidentally ...

Hello everybody.

I'm having some problems with some jcr name which contain illegal
characters as defined in Section 6.2.5.2 of the spec. I am looking for
advices and an implementation that could do the escaping and unescaping using the
_xHHHH_ method and I only found one that does escaping inside
JackRabbit. Isn't there a need to unescape the values into its
original format (so that
String specialStr == unescape(escape(specialStr)) ) ?

I've seen also a thread from some time ago opened by Brian and the
answer (and the solution used not in Cosmo by looking at the code)
seems to be hex encoding similar to the url one.

What is the recommended way of encoding/decoding and are some
implementations available out there? I'm trying to find one that
affects the repository as little as possible so that clients
connecting to the repository from outside my app should be able to decode the
names in a standard manner.

--
Best regards,
 Costin Leau                          mailto:costin.leau@gmail.com