jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Daglian <michael.dagl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML schema to node types
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:34:43 GMT
Hi Peeter,

Thanks for the patch. Perhaps default namespace isn't the most descriptive
and the empty URI would be a better term, i.e. an element existing in no
specified namespace within a document. In Jackrabbit, this maps to the
org.apache.jackrabbit.name.QName.NS_EMPTY_PREFIX and NS_DEFAULT_URI. This
may just be my misuse of the tool but I've had to explicitly add that
namespace to the namespace mapping and was wondering the preferred (if any)
method of handling the situation. Thanks!

Best Regards,

-- Mike

On 1/10/06, Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:

> i committed the patch at revision: 367525
> regards, toby
>

> On 1/10/06, Peeter Piegaze <peeter.piegaze@day.com> wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > You are right about that bug.
> >
> > I have intermittent access to a useful computer right now (travelling)
> > and can't commit stuff (for some mysterious reason) but I have
> > arranged to have a patch applied by another committer which should fix
> > tthe specific problem. As for the more general issue of dealing with
> > the default namespace I will take a look at that when I get a chance.
> >
> > Of course your are free to fix stuff yourself and send patches to me
> > or another commiter.
> >
> > Actually could you clarify exactly what the default namespace issue is
> > again? I am not quite sure I see what you mean (though I am sure you
> > are right :-)
> >
> > Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment,
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Peet
> >

> > On 1/10/06, Michael Daglian <michael.daglian@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello Peeter,
> > >
> > > Apologies if I am misusing the schema converter code you committed but
> > > am a bit confused as to how to make use of the NamespaceExtractor
> class.
> > > As demonstrated in your test-case for the SchemaConverter I am
> > > attempting to use an extractor to get the additional namespaces out a
> > > schema file. However, this does not appear possible due to the use of
> > > getURI for the mapping property:
> > >
> > > <<<
> > >
> > > if (mapping.getURI(prefix) != null){...
> > >

> > > The NamespaceMapping class throws an exception if the prefix is
> unmapped
> > > and thus the empty NamespaceMapping created using the default
> structure
> > > always generates this exception, which only gets caught and logged.
> > >
> > > On another note, it seems unclear how to best handle the default
> > > namespace using the NamespaceMapping class. When using the reader and
> > > explicitly mapping the namespace to be "" (i.e
> > > NamespaceMapping.setMapping("", "");), this works fine. But when
> > > outputting it writes the default namespace in a manner that the reader
> > > cannot read. Is there a recommended way of handling this case? Thanks!
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > -- Mike

> haven't
> as a