jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Joan Xiao" <jx...@polivec.com>
Subject Query by node name
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:00:13 GMT
Hello,

I'm having some problem when I try to query the repository by node name.

I have a custom node type, say my:file, which extends nt:file. And I'm
able to add nodes of this custom node type and then retrieve them
successfully.

Now I need to determine whether a node of certain name exists in the
repository. If I use the query string: //element(*, my:file), it
correctly returns all nodes of the type my:file. So suppose I have a
node of this type with path /Documents/test.txt, it does get returned.

But if I replace * by a node name, i.e., //element(test.txt, my:file),
it doesn't return anything even though the file exists and is returned
from the previous query.

I've also tried the following queries:
/Documents//element(*, my.file): returns nothing
/Documents//element(test.txt, my.file): returns nothing
/jcr:root//element(*, my.file): returns nothing
/jcr:root/Documents//element(*, my.file): returns nothing
/jcr:root/Documents//element(test.txt, my.file): returns nothing

I've also tried to use SQL query, but the result is consistent with
XPATH.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help.

Joan