jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Leau <costin.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re[4]: workspace already exists
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:47:30 GMT

> On 1/18/06, Costin Leau <costin.leau@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Indeed - the problem appears if the server suffered a forced shutdown
>> (think of power turned off). What can I do in these cases where the
>> repository might be in a inconsistent state ? How can I recover my
>> information?

> if you're using a transactional pm (e.g. DerbyPersistenceManager)
> you should be pretty safe wrt corrupted repository state after abnormal
> process termination.

> however, in your case you seem to end up with disappearing workspace.xml
> files which is pretty weird. i have no idea how this could happen.
> you'll have to investigate yourself i'm afraid since i don't know your
> environment.
I'm using XML PM with jr transactional support. If this PM doesn't
support transactions shouldn't I be warned about it?

Another aspect is that the problem seems to occur not during writing
but actually because the repository internals don't flush all the
information to disk because the VM stops too fast (tomcat is shutdown
with -force argument).
I'll investigate this problem further and come back if I have any questions.

--
Best regards,
 Costin                            mailto:costin.leau@gmail.com