jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Wiggen" <kwig...@xythos.com>
Subject Beginners JTA question
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:12:10 GMT
Sorry if this question is a newbie to JTA question, but I have been
looking at the jackrabbit code and I can't figure the following out.

I want to use Jackrabbit in my BEA container and use JTA to coordinate
the transaction with Jackrabbit and my other JTA transactional
resources.  The other resources already are plugged into the BEA world
and code uses the BEA UserTransaction to coordinate the interaction
between these resources.

The short question is how do I wire up Jackrabbit to work in this world?

>From what I see (and I can be completely looking in the wrong spot),
Jackrabbit uses XASessionImpl to appear as a XAResource, and I see in
XATest how the Jackrabbit UserTransactionImpl is used to get a
Jackrabbit specific UserTransaction, but I already have my own
UserTransaction (well BEA's).

Am I missing something obvious?  I just don't see how I can get
Jackrabbit to play in my UserTransaction world....

Thanks for the help,