jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Thompson" <mthomp...@praxsystech.com>
Subject Node Type Definition
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:00:39 GMT
I'm still getting my bearings with jackrabbit so please bear with me.

I'm confused on defining node types.  I see in the doc on the site that
there is a special notation for defining node types (CND).  I also see in
the project the file
'applications/test/repository/nodetypes/custom_nodetypes.xml' that is
obviously based on the XML notation and not the CND notation.  The site
makes reference to the fact that the XML notation is the 'Old Configuration
Notation'.

A few questions:

- Is acceptable to use either?

- Is there a schema/DTD for the XML notation?

- Other than being less verbose than the XML notation, what advantages does
the CND notation offer?  (I suspect the notation was the subject of much
debate before I stumbled onto jackrabbit.)

Thanks,

Mark Thompson