jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: Classloaders and extensions
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 05:12:38 GMT
If I understand correctly, this functionality does not help Jackrabbit
(makes it more complex), but would allow other projects to store their
class files inside Jackrabbit.

So when Lenya uses Jackrabbit:
1. Jackrabbit loads.
2. Lenya's classes are extracted from Jackrabbit and load.
3. Lenya loads.

For a performance hit during startup, we gain the ability to store the
entire project within the repository.  That could be good, because we
want everything treated as content.  The concern is whether this
damages the ability to replace Jackrabbit with another JCR
implementation.  If it requires special functions outside JCR (rather
than built on JCR), we could not use it.

solprovider