jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: Maven downloads wrong version of commons-collections
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:51:23 GMT
On 12/5/05, Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocanegra@day.com> wrote:
> > > you will find all dependencies in your local maven repository directory.
> > > that's usually <your home directory>/.maven/repository
> > I could not find a "repository" directory under Maven or Jackrabbit
> > (other than jackrabbit\applications\test\repository, which does not
> > contain JARs.)
> it's a directory named '.maven' in your home directory.
>
> ls -al ~/.maven
> should disclose it

Thank you.  I found it.  The directory is:
C:\Windows\.maven\repository.

I am developing on a MSWindows PC.  Our programs are typically hosted
on Linux, but everything must run on Windows for this client.

> > I still do not know of a method to add a directory of JARs to the
> > CLASSPATH without naming each individually.  (I have been searching
> > for years.  I think Sun just likes long CLASSPATHs.)
>
> for a in lib/*.jar; do
>     CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH:$a"
> done

I knew that method, but it still creates a very long CLASSPATH, which
can cause problems because the MSDOS prompt has a short command length
limit.  Testing shows the maximum CLASSPATH variable is just over 788
characters.

solprovider