jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: Maven downloads wrong version of commons-collections
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:52:30 GMT
On 12/5/05, Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
> solprovider@apache.org wrote:
> > Is there a JAR containing
> > everything Jackrabbit needs?  Are these files downloaded somewhere for
> > Jackrabbit's use?
> you will find all dependencies in your local maven repository directory.
> that's usually <your home directory>/.maven/repository

I could not find a "repository" directory under Maven or Jackrabbit
(other than jackrabbit\applications\test\repository, which does not
contain JARs.)

> There is a maven goal that copies all required dependencies into your
> jackrabbit checkout:
> maven copy-deps
> This is also described in:
> http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/doc/firststeps.html

Would someone rearrange that paragraph?  (I missed the important
command buried in the middle of the paragraph.)

===
"maven copy-deps" will copy all dependencies to the
"jackrabbit/target/lib" directory.  Add all of the dependencies to
your CLASSPATH, as well as the Jackrabbit repository implementation
(jackrabbit-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) that Maven built in the
"jackrabbit/target" directory.

The "java" command to run the example code must include the JAAS
configuration option (note the double equal sign ==):
java -Djava.security.auth.login.config==jaas.config JCRTest
===

- maven copy-deps gives these files:
commons-collections-3.1.jar
concurrent-1.3.4.jar
derby-10.1.1.0.jar
geronimo-spec-jta-1.0-M1.jar
jcr-1.0.jar
junit-3.8.1.jar
log4j-1.2.8.jar
lucene-1.4.3.jar
xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar
xmlParserAPIs-2.0.2.jar

- What I used:
commons-collections-3.1.jar
concurrent
jcr-1.0.jar
lucene-1.4.1.jar
log4j-1.2.8.jar
xerces-2.4.0.jar
xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar

"junit" was used by the tests, but does not affect the example.
Why didn't java complain about missing "derby" and "geronimo"?  (I am
being lazy, and will research what they do if nobody answers.)

I still do not know of a method to add a directory of JARs to the
CLASSPATH without naming each individually.  (I have been searching
for years.  I think Sun just likes long CLASSPATHs.)

solprovider