jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Ashley Martens" <marte...@asconline.com>
Subject RE: On a Slide/DAV merge.
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:27:04 GMT
I'm interested in a client that displays a JCR interface to a WebDAV server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Florey [mailto:daniel.florey@web.de]

2. Talk to existing WebDAV-servers. Many people don't like to hear it, but from my experience
most people want to use WebDAV to talk to MS Exchange. Exchange is implementing some very
specific features (Events and Search is not really using WebDAV-standards). So the Slide webdavclient
is implementing these features (Transactions, Events) and is used by many people to integrate
MS Exchange.
There is no corresponding approach to the webdavclient in Jackrabbit (for good reason, as
Jackrabbit is implementing a content repository and not providing a WebDAV toolkit).