jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Classloaders and extensions
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:51:11 GMT
On Dec 17, 2005, at 7:29 PM, Edgar Poce wrote:

> Regarding the classloading part the only use case I can think of is
> using it during development, I would try it and if it makes me more
> productive I'm all for it, that's all I need to adhere to a new
> technology during development. But when it comes to distributed
> applications I don't think it's a good idea. What's the difference
> between the case commented by Robert and the imaginary scenario
> from the incubator proposal?. I'm surely missing something here.
> Could anyone shed some light?

It isn't for distributed applications.  It is for version-controlled
applications, as in versioning an entire website including its
services so that the entire site can be moved back in time if needed.

> And regarding the plugin framework, why would I use my content
> repository as a key player in my component architecture?, is it
> necessary/desirable?, Felix says everything is content, is it?, is
> it a new architecture that one might call Content Oriented
> Architecture?

Web architecture.  REST architectural style.  "Everything is a resource
and all important resources should be identifiable with a URI."
Does that ring any bells?

....Roy