jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Humer Günther <Guenther.Hu...@ams-engineering.com>
Subject AW: lock and unlock a repository
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:09:41 GMT
Hi Aarnout!

Multiple users can logon to the repository.
The .lock doesn't mean, that it's a lock from the user. It is a lock from the repository.

Repository.login() gives you a session object, the user can work with.

Günther

PS: I am still new to Jackrabbit, but the way I got it is that the .lock is only for the Jackrabbit
implementation because only one RepositoryImpl - Object can work with the directory at the
same time.

Feel free to correct me...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Aarnout van der Meulen [mailto:Aarnout.van.der.Meulen@e-office.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 05. Dezember 2005 09:51
An: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: lock and unlock a repository

Hello everyone,

I am new to Jackrabbit and I have a question about use of Jackrabbit by
multiple users.

I would like to enable several users to use a repository at the same
moment (e.g. for creating or searching nodes).
But if I execute a repository.login , a .lock-file is created. Does this
mean that only one person at a time can use a repository? Or am I missing
something?

Aarnout

De informatie in dit e-mailbericht (inclusief aanhangsels) is vertrouwelijk en is alleen bestemd
voor de beoogde ontvanger(s). Indien u dit bericht onterecht heeft ontvangen, wordt u verzocht
het bericht te retourneren en de ontvangen informatie op geen enkele wijze te gebruiken.

The information contained in this e-mail (attachments included) may be confidential and is
intended solely for the person(s) indicated in the message. Should you have received this
e-mail unintentionally, please return it to the sender and do not use the content of the message
in any way.