jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: JCR, RMI & WebDAV - draft HOWTO *Correction*
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:49:09 GMT
On Dec 7, 2005, at 9:54 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Brian Moseley wrote:
>> is it totally inconceivable to have non-maven-generated, hand-
>> maintained
>> docs for the contrib projects that don't get promoted?
>
> Of course not, the issue I was trying to raise is where the
> documentation should be located.
>
> The current JCR-RMI documentation is embedded in the javadocs (the
> package javadocs contain the end user instructions) and I kind of like
> it that way, but at the moment the easiest way to access the docs
> is to
> open and read the source files. :-(
>
> Perhaps I should just extract the user instructions from the javadocs
> and set them up as a page on the main Jackrabbit web site.

The best way is to figure out where under jackrabbit-site/* we want
the contrib sites to be published and then simply change each
contrib project's site:deploy target to point at that location
in the same way that we do for jackrabbit.  Then I can write a
script that builds them when I build the main jackrabbit site.

....Roy