jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle as Persistence manager
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:57:54 GMT
On 12/29/05, nicolas.jouanin <nicolas.jouanin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> That's what happened actually, we were not talking of the same thing...
>
> If I understand correctly, we should use DbFileSystem AND
> SimpleDbPersistenceManager if we want a complete DB repository.

correct. the downside is that that the repository state and workspace
configuration is not easily accessible/readable any more.

> My comments:
> Errors occurs when trying to insert the root folder in FSENTRY because it
> tries to insert a string of length zero in field FSENTRY_NAME : in the case
> of the root folder, FSENTRY_NAME is '' and FSENTRY_PATH is '/'.
> So, one solution (for Oracle and may be others) could be to not split PATH
> and NAME and store the complete path into a single field which would never
> be '', even for the root which would be '/' in that case. The index primary
> key could be then set to this column. Concerning DbFileSystem, it would only
> need to be modified to stop splitting PATH and NAME , and manage this
> difference.
> May be there's something I don't see and splitted PATH is needed somewhere
> else, but I can try to write a DbFileSystem modified to do what I explained.

the reason why path and name are splitted is that it e.g. allows to easily and
efficiently list child entries of a folder. have a look at the sql stmts used by
DbFileSystem.

cheers
stefan