jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: invalid QName literal
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:41:37 GMT
hi costin,

On 12/8/05, Costin Leau <costin.leau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm having problem with some tests that run fine on two machines I
> have control over (WinXP/JDK 1.5 and Linux/JDK 1.4.2) but on one that
> I don't have control I get:
>
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to read node state: deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe:
invalid QName literal: failed to read node state: deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe: invalid
QName literal
>         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.<init>(VersionManagerImpl.java:158)
>         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:210)
>         at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:424)
>
> I assume is something related to an XML library but as I don't have
> access to the machine ...

it's not xml related. jackrabbit has its own QName class (o.a.j.name.QName).

my best guess would be incompatibility of serialization formats. the
format has changed
a couple of weeks ago. make sure you run the tests on an initially
empty repository.

if that doesn't explain your problem please send a full stack trace,
configuration etc.

cheers
stefan