jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: persistance manager - failed to read node state
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:36:33 GMT
hi marek,

are you sure you run your test on an initially empty repository?
the serialization format has changed a couple of weeks ago.
that change is not backwards compatible and
DataInputStream.readUTF() throwing a EOFException is a
typical sign for incompatible data format.

if you can possitively rule the above possibility please provide
a simple test case (including code) for reproducing the
issue.

btw: impressive stack trace ;-)

cheers
stefan

On 12/7/05, Marek Blotny <Marek.Blotny@cognifide.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I have very simple test which do following things:
>
>
>
> 1)       creates node (with few subnodes)
>
> 2)       search through repository to find this node (using
> QueryManager)
>
> 3)       checkout node
>
> 4)       updating few properties (and few subnodes)
>
> 5)       checkin node
>
>
>
>
>
> Test is supposed to create 10 000 such nodes but unfortunately somewhere
> in the middle (always on a different iteration) I got following
> exceptions:
>
>
>
> DerbyPersistenceManager:
>
>
>
> 14:39:41,500 ERROR (SimpleDbPersistenceManager.java:466) - failed to
> read node state: 49fa31a8-f5f4-4fae-8a45-a153ab7b28ea
>
> java.io.EOFException
>
>             at
> java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:268)
>
>             at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:639)
>
>             at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:610)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.util.Serializer.deserialize(Serializer.
> java:153)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager.load(Simp
> leDbPersistenceManager.java:458)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.loadItemState(Sh
> aredItemStateManager.java:749)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.getNonVirtualIte
> mState(SharedItemStateManager.java:676)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.getItemState(Sha
> redItemStateManager.java:197)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.store(SharedItem
> StateManager.java:451)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.update(LocalItemS
> tateManager.java:344)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.update(LocalItemS
> tateManager.java:306)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.internalCheckin(Ve
> rsionManagerImpl.java:502)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.checkin(VersionMan
> agerImpl.java:416)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.checkin(NodeImpl.java:2728)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.NodeUtils.checkin(NodeUtils.java:59
> )
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.NodeUtils.rollbackAndCheckin(NodeUt
> ils.java:178)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl.create(PageDaoImpl.java
> :202)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl.create(PageDaoImpl.java
> :142)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl$$FastClassByCGLIB$$4298
> 9034.invoke(<generated>)
>
>             at
> net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.i
> nvokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:698)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:122)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.PerformanceTestDecorator.invoke(P
> erformanceTestDecorator.java:24)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedIntercept
> or.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:643)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$19eaf
> a6.create(<generated>)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.domain.PageFactory.create(PageFactory.java:
> 61)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl.createPage(Str
> uctureManagerImpl.java:169)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl$$FastClassByCG
> LIB$$6925ee79.invoke(<generated>)
>
>             at
> net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.i
> nvokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:698)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:122)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.SimpleTransactionDecorator.invoke
> (SimpleTransactionDecorator.java:72)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.IntegrityTestDecorator.invoke(Int
> egrityTestDecorator.java:72)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityIntercep
> tor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:80)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.ReturnSessionToPoolDecorator.invo
> ke(ReturnSessionToPoolDecorator.java:32)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.PerformanceTestDecorator.invoke(P
> erformanceTestDecorator.java:24)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.ExceptionInterceptor.invoke(Excep
> tionInterceptor.java:44)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedIntercept
> or.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:643)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl$$EnhancerByCGL
> IB$$a450efc5.createPage(<generated>)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StressTest.testCreatePages(StressTe
> st.java:44)
>
>             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>
>             at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
> a:39)
>
>             at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor
> Impl.java:25)
>
>             at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>
>             at
> junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>
>             at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
> stRunner.java:478)
>
>             at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRun
> ner.java:344)
>
>             at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRu
> nner.java:196)
>
> 14:39:41,609 ERROR (SimpleDbPersistenceManager.java:466) - failed to
> read node state: 49fa31a8-f5f4-4fae-8a45-a153ab7b28ea
>
> java.io.EOFException
>
>             at
> java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:268)
>
>             at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:639)
>
>             at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:610)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.util.Serializer.deserialize(Serializer.
> java:153)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager.load(Simp
> leDbPersistenceManager.java:458)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.loadItemState(Sh
> aredItemStateManager.java:749)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.getNonVirtualIte
> mState(SharedItemStateManager.java:676)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.getItemState(Sha
> redItemStateManager.java:197)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.ChangeLog.undo(ChangeLog.java:322)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.LocalItemStateManager.cancel(LocalItemS
> tateManager.java:292)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.internalCheckin(Ve
> rsionManagerImpl.java:511)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.checkin(VersionMan
> agerImpl.java:416)
>
>             at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.checkin(NodeImpl.java:2728)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.NodeUtils.checkin(NodeUtils.java:59
> )
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.NodeUtils.rollbackAndCheckin(NodeUt
> ils.java:178)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl.create(PageDaoImpl.java
> :202)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl.create(PageDaoImpl.java
> :142)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl$$FastClassByCGLIB$$4298
> 9034.invoke(<generated>)
>
>             at
> net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.i
> nvokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:698)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:122)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.PerformanceTestDecorator.invoke(P
> erformanceTestDecorator.java:24)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedIntercept
> or.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:643)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.dao.jcr.PageDaoImpl$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$19eaf
> a6.create(<generated>)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.domain.PageFactory.create(PageFactory.java:
> 61)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl.createPage(Str
> uctureManagerImpl.java:169)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl$$FastClassByCG
> LIB$$6925ee79.invoke(<generated>)
>
>             at
> net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.i
> nvokeJoinpoint(Cglib2AopProxy.java:698)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:122)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.SimpleTransactionDecorator.invoke
> (SimpleTransactionDecorator.java:72)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.IntegrityTestDecorator.invoke(Int
> egrityTestDecorator.java:72)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> net.sf.acegisecurity.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityIntercep
> tor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:80)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.ReturnSessionToPoolDecorator.invo
> ke(ReturnSessionToPoolDecorator.java:32)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.PerformanceTestDecorator.invoke(P
> erformanceTestDecorator.java:24)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.decorator.ExceptionInterceptor.invoke(Excep
> tionInterceptor.java:44)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(Ref
> lectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
>
>             at
> org.springframework.aop.framework.Cglib2AopProxy$DynamicAdvisedIntercept
> or.intercept(Cglib2AopProxy.java:643)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StructureManagerImpl$$EnhancerByCGL
> IB$$a450efc5.createPage(<generated>)
>
>             at
> com.oyster.mom.contentserver.manager.StressTest.testCreatePages(StressTe
> st.java:44)
>
>             at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>
>             at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
> a:39)
>
>             at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor
> Impl.java:25)
>
>             at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>
>             at
> junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>
>             at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
> stRunner.java:478)
>
>             at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRun
> ner.java:344)
>
>             at
> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRu
> nner.java:196)
>
>
>
>
>
> additional information:
>
>
>
> there are some problems with reading node
> 49fa31a8-f5f4-4fae-8a45-a153ab7b28ea but this node should exist:
>
> 13:04:38,296 INFO  (VersionManagerImpl.java:269) - Created new version
> history 49fa31a8-f5f4-4fae-8a45-a153ab7b28ea for
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.NodeState@1aed910.
>
>
>
>
>
> Do you have any suggestion how to deal with that?
>
>
>
> --
>
> Thanks
>
> Marek
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message