jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Properties versus child node definition
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:35:48 GMT
yes. for example:

PersonalInfo
- 'e-mail' (string) multiple
- 'address' (string)
- ....

and then just extend your nodetypes:

User > PersonalInfo

nodes created with 'User' will have for example the 'e-mail' property
definition.
for more information about nodetypes and inheritance, review the
respective section in the jcr specification.

regards, toby

On 12/2/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> Can properties be inherited by separate node definitions? I'm
> considering something like an e-mail address where I can represent it as
> a String property with its own validation constraint. I would like then
> to be able to add it to other node types whenever I want to use an
> e-mail address. I guess the other way of doing this would be to use a
> child node definition but that seems a bit over the top for a simple
> e-mail address, also I might have multiple e-mail addresses per node
> type (home, work ...). What's the best way of doing this?
>

> Thanks
>

> Simon
>

> Come visit us at:
>
> Content Management Europe Exhibition.  29th November - 1st December 2005, Olympia Grand
Hall, London.  Stand # 341

> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.
>

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97