jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database persistent storage
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:43:03 GMT
Hi rick,

On 12/16/05, milhri@lidp.com <milhri@lidp.com> wrote:
> Edgar
>
>         Here is where I am to date:
>
> /home/milhri/repotestdb
>         jaas.config
>         repository.xml
>
>     <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
>     </Workspace>

AFAIK the workspace part of the repository.xml[1] is used as a
template to create the workspace.xml[2], which contains the workspace
specific settings. Once you changed the repository.xml settings the
existing workspaces configurations do not change. I'm not sure, but I
think that might be the cause of your problem.

Try to remove every folder under the repository home ("repository" and
"workspaces"), modify the repository.xml to match your db config and
run jackrabbit. Jackrabbit should fill the ${xxx} variables for the
default workspace or any other workspace you create.

hope this helps,
edgar

[1] ${JACKRABBIT_HOME}/repository.xml
[2] ${JACKRABBIT_HOME}/workspaces/${WORKSPACE_NAME}/workspace.xml

>         I built a test program to exercise java.sql.DatabaseMetaData and
> the connection utility I am using looks like
>
>       try
>       {
>          String driverStr = "jdbc:db2:"+dbname;
>          Class driveClass = Class.forName("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver");
>          con = DriverManager.getConnection(driverStr, username, pwsd);
>       }
>
> where dbname = "a2test", username = "a2test", and pwsd = "a2test".
> My test program functions properly
>

> e.g.
>
> /home/milhri/QueryDbMeta.java
>
> 1. ------------------------------------------
> Database product name is DB2/6000
>

> 2. ------------------------------------------
> schema preferred term is schema
>

> schemas available
> A2TEST
> NULLID
> SQLJ
> SYSCAT
> SYSFUN
> SYSIBM
> SYSPROC
> SYSSTAT
> SYSTOOLS
>
> etc.
>
>         When I attempt to run my jackrabbit program, I get
>
> /home/milhri>java -Djava.security.auth.login.config==/home/milhri/repotestdb/jaas.config
JCRDbTest > testdb

> init >>>>>>>>>>>>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException:
Replacement not found for ${wsp.name}.