jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Properties versus child node definition
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:57:54 GMT
Hi Stefan

Thanks for that. What's confusing me is that in JackRabbits
propertyDefinitionImpl class there are two properties one is
setDeclaringNodeType and one is name. The name actually takes a QName
which in my mind is a type.

What are these properties for and how should I be using them?

Thanks

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 December 2005 09:44
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Properties versus child node definition

hi simon

jackrabbit supports multiple inheritance for node types. create a
node type that declares the email properties and add it as a supertype
to other node types.

alternatively you could create a mixin node type that declares the
email properties. you could then add the mixin to individual nodes.

cheers
stefan

On 12/2/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> Can properties be inherited by separate node definitions? I'm
> considering something like an e-mail address where I can represent it
as
> a String property with its own validation constraint. I would like
then
> to be able to add it to other node types whenever I want to use an
> e-mail address. I guess the other way of doing this would be to use a
> child node definition but that seems a bit over the top for a simple
> e-mail address, also I might have multiple e-mail addresses per node
> type (home, work ...). What's the best way of doing this?
>

> Thanks
>

> Simon
>

> Come visit us at:
>
> Content Management Europe Exhibition.  29th November - 1st December
2005, Olympia Grand Hall, London.  Stand # 341

> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and
88th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may
be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
this email.

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage that may be caused by software viruses.