jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Darton" <pet...@intrinsica.co.uk>
Subject RE: FW: JCR, RMI & WebDAV - draft HOWTO
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 10:10:54 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> ... I think many of us who are quite accustomed to using Maven,
> JCR, and Jackrabbit don't even notice the problems and questions
> that look like major issues to newcomers.

Once you've learnt a lot about a particular working environment, it's
difficult to imagine what it's like to be ignorant - I (currently) have
no such problems :-)

> > Q1) Why on earth wasn't JCR designed with remote access in mind?
>
> You must be using the RMI interfaces directly! Take a look at
> the org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client package that wraps the
> raw RMI interfaces into JCR-compliant adapters.

[FX: Homer-Simpson-style: Doh!]
Er, yes.  Spot on.  See my earlier comment about having no problems
imagining what it's like to be ignorant.
I've now modified my (simple) client code to use the RMI-client code
instead of the RMI interfaces, and it's now looking much better.

Thank you very much for that - whilst it's a little embarrassing on my
part, at least my code is now a lot neater :-)

  Peter

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered
by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com