jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: On a Slide/DAV merge.
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:36:54 GMT
Gregory Block wrote:

> So if Moseley wants to take the current DAV implementation, copy it  off
> into contrib, and start making modifications to it so that it's  more
> extensible, that sounds like a winner to me.

i don't think the situation is quite that bad. as angela mentioned
recently, 90% of the jcr-server interfaces, core implementations and
"simple server" can be reused. it's in the last 10% that we differ, and
we can easily slot in new implementations of a few interfaces to give us
what we want.

when circumstances at work permit, i'm going to create a new contrib
project to use as a sandbox for this work. i'll defer any quibbles about
naming etc until there's some actual working code which, as we all know,
speaks louder than words ;)