jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Classloaders and extensions
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:27:09 GMT
Hi,

I just committed the repository class loader. Some simple unit tests are
included as well.

Regarding dependency on Jackrabbit:

    * The ExpandingArchiveClassPathEntry class requires a mixin node
      type to be defined (rep:jarFile). If the node type is not
      available, the NodeTypeSupport.registerNodeType method is called
      to register the node type. This latter class - NodeTypeSupport -
      is the only class with a dependency on the core Jackrabbit code.
      If the node type rep:jarFile is defined in the repository, the
      NodeTypeSupport class is not used.
    * The PatternPath class uses a class from the jackrabbit-commons
      library match handles. The jackrabbit-commons library contains
      classes which are independent of the actualy JCR API
      implementation used and may - as far as I undertstand it - be used
      in conjunction with any compliant JCR implementation.
    * The following is an incomplete list of required API functionality:
          o Level 1 repository access
          o DynamicRepositoryClassLoader makes use of Observation services
          o The ExpandingClassPathEntry requires support to add mixin
            node types to existing nodes
          o The ExpandingClassPathEntry requires write access to the
            repository to unpack archives

Feedback is welcome.

Have fun !

Regards