jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Antonis Tsaltas <Antonis.Tsal...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: Oracle as Persistence manager
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:06:48 GMT
nicolas.jouanin wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I read a previous thread concerning the use of Oracle with JackRabbit
> (see below for copy).
>
> As written, it seems not so simple to make it work.
>
> Nevertheless, I wrote an oracle.ddl file (attached to this email)
> based on mysql.ddl where I simply replaced some data types:
>
> -          longblob -> blob
>
> -          char -> varchar2 (Oracle doesn't like char)
>

> Then I configured repository.xml correctly and used this configuration
> to run this famous jLibrary software. To my surprise it worked, and
> managed to create a repository, and add some nodes  : some jlibrary
> folders, and some PDF documents node.
>

> So , it may be need some more testing ; has someone achieved to make
> jackrabbit run with Oracle, let me know.
>

> Regards, Nicolas.

Hi Nicolas,

I tried to do what you described in your mail from scratch, but the
exception that I received during configuration of the repository is the
following, which is due to Oracle's aproach of treating NULL and empty
string in the same way (for the root node tries to insert '/' as path
and '' as name where it fails):

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.ConfigurationException: File system
initialization failure.: failed to initialize file system: failed to
create folder entry: /: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("RABBIT"."REP_FSENTRY"."FSENTRY_NAME")
: failed to initialize file system: failed to create folder entry: /:
ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("RABBIT"."REP_FSENTRY"."FSENTRY_NAME")

    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.FileSystemConfig.init(FileSystemConfig.java:61)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.init(RepositoryConfig.java:250)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.create(RepositoryConfig.java:136)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfig.create(RepositoryConfig.java:78)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.init(BindableRepository.java:122)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.create(BindableRepository.java:110)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.RegistryHelper.registerRepository(RegistryHelper.java:57)
    at ed.doc.mgt.test.RepositoryManager.<init>(RepositoryManager.java:82)
    at
ed.doc.mgt.test.RepositoryManager.configRep(RepositoryManager.java:465)
    at ed.doc.mgt.test.RepositoryManager.main(RepositoryManager.java:443)
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.FileSystemException: failed to
initialize file system: failed to create folder entry: /: ORA-01400:
cannot insert NULL into ("RABBIT"."REP_FSENTRY"."FSENTRY_NAME")

    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem.init(DbFileSystem.java:344)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.FileSystemConfig.init(FileSystemConfig.java:55)
    ... 9 more
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.FileSystemException: failed to
create folder entry: /: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("RABBIT"."REP_FSENTRY"."FSENTRY_NAME")

    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem.createDeepFolder(DbFileSystem.java:1256)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem.verifyRoodExists(DbFileSystem.java:1225)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem.init(DbFileSystem.java:338)
    ... 10 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
("RABBIT"."REP_FSENTRY"."FSENTRY_NAME")