jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject Re: Classloaders and extensions
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:47:37 GMT
Hi Stefano

> Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the advantage of this
> compared to, say, OSGi?
Hmm, how about an OSGi framework implementation, which uses the
repository ?? But until then, this is like a nice little useful thing.
> Why would I want to store my classes in a content repository
Well, it makes deployment far easier, than having to touch applications
and struggling with configuration files and class paths. It also takes
the notion "Everything is content" one step ahead. It is like storing
data and programs in the same location, the memory, isn't it ?
> and why would I want to have half of the wheels of existing component
> solutions reinvented?
Touché :-) But I think that (1) loading classes from a repository is a
good thing to have - everything is content

> Please take these questions not as criticism, but as serious and
> honest curiosity.
You are welcome :-)

Regards
Felix