jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sandro Böhme <s.boe...@inovex.de>
Subject Re: free JCR browser Eclipse plugin
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:06:08 GMT
Hi Edgar,

 > I tried it with my app but the plugin locks the repository and my
 > application is unable to connect, a disconnect button might be useful,
absolutely. Good point.


 > anyway I suspect you plan to add jcr-rmi support ;) . Are you
Yes, this should be one of the next features.

 > interested
 > in adding writing capabilities to the plugin?, I'd be happy to help.
maybe content import (and export). But at the moment I would like to
concentrate on reading, searching and connecting capabilities as I
think this would be more useful at the moment when developing with
a JCR.
But to enhance it the way the community need it (and not the way I
think the community need it ;-) ) everybody is invited to add feature
requests at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=154841&atid=793418

 > I found the sources inside the jar file and it took me a while to
 > compile them, I don't know if there's support for eclipse plugins in
 > maven but the sources in the sourceforge cvs with a pom or an ant build
 > file would help.
I would like to clean up the source code before committing it to the
cvs. The Eclipse PDE does not need Maven to build the plugin. But I
will check if everything to build the plugin is contained in the
release. Thanks for the hint.

Cheers,

Sandro


Edgar Poce wrote:
> Hi sandro
> 
> good to see an open source plugin!, thanks for the initiative :). I gave 
> it a try and it looks good.
> 
> I tried it with my app but the plugin locks the repository and my 
> application is unable to connect, a disconnect button might be useful, 
> anyway I suspect you plan to add jcr-rmi support ;). Are you interested 
> in adding writing capabilities to the plugin?, I'd be happy to help.
> 
> I found the sources inside the jar file and it took me a while to 
> compile them, I don't know if there's support for eclipse plugins in 
> maven but the sources in the sourceforge cvs with a pom or an ant build 
> file would help.
> 
> thanks,
> edgar
> 
> Sandro Böhme wrote:
> 
>> Hello,
>>
>> at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcrbrowser you can find a small and 
>> free Eclipse
>> plugin. It can display the data of a lokal Jackrabbit repository in a 
>> node tree and a
>> property list. As a quick preview you can look at the screenshot:
>> https://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=154841
>>
>> I'm looking forward to your feedback.
>> Please tell me if it's useful . If it is I would clean up the source 
>> code and improve
>> it. I could imagine to add a namespace view and of course more ways to 
>> connect to
>> a repository.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sandro
>>
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message