jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354815 - /incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-server/webdav/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/WebdavRequestImpl.java
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:07:36 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> to come to a conclusion: the reason why you added the check
> is your system administrator being frightend by 'DEBUG' messages
> in the log file. you may set the log-level to 'WARN'... alternatively

i certainly could do that, but i'm wary of adding
exceptional cases to logging config every time a single
class outputs a log statement that i don't want to see in
normal operation. that could mask other log statements
emanating from the same class that i *do* want to see.

> we comment the log output until i have time to think about
> yet another suggestion. it doesn't see the need for a immediate
> action regarding this issue.

there is no need for immediate action on any of these
issues. i have imported specific revisions of jackrabbit
into the osaf svn repository and can maintain whatever
changes i need there without attempting to push them back
into the asf repository when they aren't wanted.

it would be nice to understand why an exception is thrown at
this location in the code during normal operation of the
server. this behavior points to something being not quite
correct with the implementation. but as i don't have any
other suggestions to make, i won't press the issue.