jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354818 - /incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-server/server/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/simple/ResourceConfig.java
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:00:40 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> could you please elaborate, what exactly made you struggle with
> a ResourceConfiguration, that does not have the hardcoded check
> for the root collection? your checkin states what you did (which
> is obvious from the diff) and not why.

not having a guaranteed node type for the root node, i can't
specify one in the <collection/> section of the resource
config. the one defined by jackrabbit isn't good enough,
since i want cosmo to remain as portable as possible to
other jcr implementations.

also, i do not want to take the opposite route and specify
every nodetype that is not a collection, because that could
theoretically be a huge and arbitrarily growing list of node
types.

i understand your point about the root node potentially
being interpreted as a non-collection, but in practice i
can't imagine why somebody would do that. i think the common
case should be the one defaulted to by the code, and the
corner case (treating the root node as a non-collection)
should be the one that requires additional configuration.

regardless of that, can you suggest another way to have the
root node treated as a collection?

for reference, here is my resource config:

<config>
   <iomanager>
     <class name="org.osaf.cosmo.io.CosmoIOManager"/>
   </iomanager>
   <collection>
     <nodetypes>
       <nodetype>nt:folder</nodetype>
     </nodetypes>
   </collection>
   <filter>
     <class
name="org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.simple.DefaultResourceFilter"/>
     <namespaces>
       <prefix>rep</prefix>
       <prefix>jcr</prefix>
       <prefix>icalendar</prefix>