jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354818 - /incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-server/server/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/simple/ResourceConfig.java
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:35:34 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> please apologize, but i start feeling a little embarrassed.

this is what happens when a new person begins working on
somebody else's large body of existing code. it's an
expected process of transferring knowledge that is not
already written into the code via comments, design docs,
etc. it doesn't bother me :)

> now to your change: you define that the root node
> should always be a collection. of cause this is the
> desired result, because otherwise you won't get huge
> benefit out of your webdav.
>
> but i don't agree that it's correct to hardcode it
> into the ResourceConfig. if it turns out that the config
> as is does provide enough flexibility and you run
> into problems (thus your configuration resulted in a
> non-collection root), i'd say that the way the config was
> designed is wrong and should be reviewed.
>
> maybe you can explain, what kind of troubles you had
> with the configuration as is?

i'm not seeing in the jcr spec where the node type of the
root node is defined. if that's defined in the spec and i
just missed it, let me know so that i can add it to the list
of collection node types in my resource config.