jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354815 - /incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-server/webdav/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/WebdavRequestImpl.java
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:22:16 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> sorry... me again...

don't be sorry - keep me honest! :)

> from my understanding the contentlength is therefore -1 if the
> request body is sent 'chunked' as defined by http 1.1

ah, yeah, could be. i haven't ever used chunked, so i'm not
educated about it.

> for this reason i checked for the inputstream not being null
> and did not check the content-length. what do you think?

before my change, there were many spurious debug "Unable to
build an XML Document from the request body" messages that
polluted my debug log and freaked out my system
administrators. it seemed as if this method was trying to
parse xml off an input stream that had no data to be read.

maybe there's a better way to short circuit parsing when
there's no data. perhaps InputStream.available()?