jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354822 - /incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-server/server/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/simple/ResourceFactoryImpl.java
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:16:03 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> hm.... i don't agree. the resourcefactory is created once in
> the simple-servlet and should use the config and the lockManager
> obtain from the correspond get-methods in the simple servlet.
>
> they should not be reset later on and therefore i dislike the
> setters in the ResourceFactory. i think 'final' was correct.
>
> what are your reason for changing this? maybe i'm simply
> missing something?

in earlier revisions of cosmo i used spring to declaratively
configure my resource factory, lock manager and resource
filter classes and wire them into my dav servlet.

because at that point i didn't understand how to achieve
constructor-based dependency injection in spring (or that it
was even possible), i needed setter methods for lock manager
and resource filter.

later i changed my dav servlet back, so that it once again
hard codes the resource factory, lock manager and resource
config dependencies. i decided that since jcr-server isn't
generally amenable to dependency injection that i wouldn't
try to force it in this circumstance.

thus, i don't actually need those setters anymore, and i can
roll that commit back.