jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354815 - /incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-server/webdav/src/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/webdav/WebdavRequestImpl.java
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:30:47 GMT
hi brian

sorry... me again...

bcm@apache.org wrote:
> Author: bcm
> Date: Wed Dec  7 09:43:54 2005
> New Revision: 354815

> Log:
> only attempt to read from the http request's input stream if the
> client specified a positive content length. this avoids io exceptions
> being written to the debug stream when we know the input stream should
> not have any content.

again i'm not conviced you are correct.
the 'HttpServlet' interface defines the following for the
getContentLength method:

getContentLength()
Returns the length, in bytes, of the request body and made available by
the input stream, or -1 if the length is not known. For HTTP servlets,
same as the value of the CGI variable CONTENT_LENGTH.

from my understanding the contentlength is therefore -1 if the
request body is sent 'chunked' as defined by http 1.1

for this reason i checked for the inputstream not being null
and did not check the content-length. what do you think?

regards
angela