jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: FW: JCR, RMI & WebDAV - draft HOWTO *Correction*
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 18:04:50 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Of course not, the issue I was trying to raise is where the
> documentation should be located.

i know, i was just being a smartass ;)

> The current JCR-RMI documentation is embedded in the javadocs (the
> package javadocs contain the end user instructions) and I kind of like
> it that way, but at the moment the easiest way to access the docs is to
> open and read the source files. :-(
>
> Perhaps I should just extract the user instructions from the javadocs
> and set them up as a page on the main Jackrabbit web site.

sounds like a good idea. i wish i'd had something like that for bdb as well.

like probably most others, i'm impatient and just want to drop things
into my app, twiddle a config file and be off and running. i don't want
to have to read source code or javadocs, but i'm happy to refer to a
one-page checklist/HOWTO.

imo the holy grail is a series of these, one for each major contrib
project/promoted subproject, in an obvious place on the web site. or
maybe the wiki, so that users can help maintain them.