jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: FW: JCR, RMI & WebDAV - draft HOWTO *Correction*
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:08:12 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> The problem of course is where to draw the lines between the projects.
> Should I place JCR-RMI specific documentation in the main Jackrabbit
> project or in the JCR-RMI contrib project?
>
> As noticed during the "great split", generating a small Maven site for
> each component project just leads to a rather confusing web site. A
> better alternative would be to place the documentation on the main
> project. Then we should also start considering whether the component
> sources should also be promoted to the main source tree. A mechanism
> like the current commons module setup could be used to generate more
> specific project deliverables.

is it totally inconceivable to have non-maven-generated, hand-maintained
docs for the contrib projects that don't get promoted?

i wonder if i'm the only person out there who dislikes the
mcmavenization of java software project web sites.

of course, i'm not volunteering to do the work for the contrib projects,
so this is really just an early morning gripe :)