jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: FW: JCR, RMI & WebDAV - draft HOWTO *Correction*
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:01:11 GMT
Hi,

Brian Moseley wrote:
> i think the fact that several people have asked the same questions
> indicates that documentation on the contrib projects needs to be
> available on the jackrabbit web site and obvious to the casual browser.

Agreed.

The problem of course is where to draw the lines between the projects.
Should I place JCR-RMI specific documentation in the main Jackrabbit
project or in the JCR-RMI contrib project?

As noticed during the "great split", generating a small Maven site for
each component project just leads to a rather confusing web site. A
better alternative would be to place the documentation on the main
project. Then we should also start considering whether the component
sources should also be promoted to the main source tree. A mechanism
like the current commons module setup could be used to generate more
specific project deliverables.

BR,

Jukka Zitting