jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BindableRepository
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:50:45 GMT
#: Jukka Zitting changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  12/6/2005 11:19 AM :#
> Hi,
>
> Alexandru Popescu wrote:
>> I fully agree that normally the server should be responsible with this
>> task. However, I don't remember that the servlet engines are required to
>> conform to JCA spec.
>
> An alternative approach to the shutdown problem would be to use the
> session lifetimes to manage the repository startup and shutdown
> sequences. See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-245 for details.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

As said in the first mail I have been reading all of these :-). I still believe that the suggested

patch is gonna simplify the interaction with shared repositories in non-managed environments,
will
remove the need to deploy jackrabbit in commons or shared and will continue to work safely
in all
other solutions :-). Sure, for the moment this is my own opinion (but still nobody prooved
it wrong
:-)).

cheers,

./alex