jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: Addition to Download Page
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:05:09 GMT
Hi,

solprovider@apache.org wrote:
> Both of my threads were meant to improve the instructions to aid other
> newbies.  It's this Open Source sharing thing where everybody
> contributes, so I mentioned where the instructions were confusing or
> incomplete.  On the good side, posting helped me learn more about
> Maven.  I had not used Jackrabbit or Maven before Saturday.

Thanks for raising the issues, I've just committed more detailed build
instructions and plan to add a few FAQ items to help guide future users.

The confusion started from your messages about dom4j and
commons-collection version 2.1. Those dependencies have not been used by
Jackrabbit for many months (did you have an old checkout or were you
building something else?), so your proposals for improving the
instructions were based on false assumptions.

BR,

Jukka Zitting