jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shutting down a shared Jackrabbit repository
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 16:10:36 GMT
#: Edgar Poce changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  12/4/2005 4:56 PM :#
> Hi
>
> Alexandru Popescu wrote:
>> In a previous mail I have asked some questions about how to do a Model-2
>> deployment. Now I would like to ask: how the shutdown of the repository
>> should be done in a Model-2 deployment?
>
> I think the right way is to implement a custom
> org.apache.catalina.LifecycleListener [1]. In case it works or if you
> find a better alternative a patch for the xdocs would be appreciated ;).

This looks really interesting, but once again it pushes me to classloading thinking.

I can retrieve the Repository from the JNDI immediately before Tomcat shutting down, but in
order to
perform a shutdown I need to cast it to BindableRepository, moment where I expect to have
ClassCastException as the listener is loaded by the Common or Shared classloaders [2], while
the
BindableRepository is loaded by WebappX classloader.

This makes me think that currently I am left with only 2 options:

1/ deploy Jackrabbit and all related (including commons, log4j, etc) in shared/lib
2/ leave the repository not shutdown. What would be the result of this?

thanks a lot in advance,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.