jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Deployment Model 2 questions
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:44:54 GMT
Hi!

I've been working on having a Jackrabbit deployment according to Model 2: Shared. The information
on
the site [1] was really valuable and I have been able to achieve it quite quick. However,
I was
asking myself about this fragment:

[quote]
  Place the Jackrabbit jar file and all the dependencies (including the JCR API jar file)
under
[Tomcat folder]/common/lib.
[/quote]

Now my question is: is this really necessary? I am thinking that the only jar file needed
in the
common/lib is the jcr jar.

Considering 2 applications accessing the shared JCR, only the first one requesting from JNDI
the
repository will really need to provide the jackrabbit classes.  Than the other application
may
simple work with the jcr jar (and this one should leverage the fact that jackrabbit is not
available
for the 2nd application; both application have a parent classloader that was loading the jcr.jar).

Am I interpretting things wrongly? Am I missing something?

Your opinions and comments are highly appreaciated and much needed.

thanks a lot in advance,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.