jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: node definition that allows both single and multi properties
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 22:37:02 GMT
#: Alexandru Popescu changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  12/2/2005 5:44 PM :#
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to define a node that would allow both single and multi-value properties,
in a
> generic way?
>
> By taking a look at the nodeTypes definition it looks like when defining a property you
are required
> to specify if it is either single or multi-valued. This lead me to the conclusion that
there is not
> possible to define a generic node accepting any properties that may be either single
or
> multi-valued. Am I wrong?
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.

Is it possible to define 2 residual property types 1 as single and 1 as multiple?

Something like:

<propertyDefinition name="*" requiredType="undefined" autoCreated="false" mandatory="false"

onParentVersion="COPY" protected="false" multiple="false"/>
<propertyDefinition name="*" requiredType="undefined" autoCreated="false" mandatory="false"

onParentVersion="COPY" protected="false" multiple="true"/>

I am supposing that this should work, cause I guess this is the way nt:unstructured is defined.

Am I getting things wrong?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.