jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV and Windows XP SP 2
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 13:51:39 GMT
hi peter

Peter Darton wrote:

>  - That'll ask for the "Internet or network address:".  You'll need to
> enter "http://yourTomcatServerName:port/jackrabbit-server/server/" [...]

> In theory, you should be able to drag & drop content [...]

i guess what your are looking for is placed in the 'filebased'
view of the repository (thus what we called the 'simple' server)
and which you would access by the following url:

http://yourTomcatServerName:port/jackrabbit-server/repository/yourWorkspaceName/

the aim of the 'server' is to map jsr170 to webdav-calls in
order to allow another way of remoting. as stated several times
before, there is not so much usage of this unless the corresponding
client is available.

there has been a thread some time ago, where i tried to explain
this:

1)http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg02112.html
2)http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg02115.html
3)http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg02100.html

however, if you are really looking for the remoting stuff you
may take a look at the draft mention in the 1). if you find
bugs, feel free to post them to jira.

regards
angela

ps: ok... i see... i have to improve the README :))