jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR UUID syntax
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:10:24 GMT
#: Andreas Hartmann changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  12/2/2005 11:35 AM :#
> Hi Jackrabbit community,
>
> I'm sorry if this question is answered in the spec, I didn't find anything
> in the sections covering referencable nodes.
>
> Is the syntax for UUID strings (as returned by Node.getUUID) part of the spec,
> or implementation specific?
>
> A mail by Tim Reilly and the Jackrabbit javadocs contain a reference to
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mealling-uuid-urn-05.txt
> or -01.txt, respectively. Unfortunately both of them return a 404
> (the IETF search page is down ATM).
>
> Thanks for any hints!
>
> Regards,
> -- Andreas

afaik the UUID is described on some IETF. Also if IIRC there are 2 general formats. Jackrabbit
is
using the jug library to generate the UUID and this returns UUID in the format:

HEX_CHAR = [abcdefABCDEF0123456789]
UUID_PATTERN= HEX_CHAR{8}-HEX_CHAR{4}-HEX_CHAR{4}-HEX_CHAR{4}-HEX_CHAR{12}

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.