jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Documentation links?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:56:16 GMT
hi gary

 > Are there any documentation hints available on the steps to now
 > configure and launch the Jackrabbit CR for WebDAV remoting?
 > There has been some mention in earlier posts of various
 > documentation artifacts, but I don't seem to be able to find
 > the links.

what exactly are you looking for?

the jcr-server contrib contains
- a 'filebased' view (we once called it 'simple')
- a item based view that maps nodes to collections and properties
   to non-collection resources

the intend of the latter was to provide remoting via webdav.
but currently only the server-part is available.

you may find some more information in reading

--> rough jcr-server overview
http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg02115.html

--> link to documentation draft regarding jsr170 remoting via webdav
http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg02112.html
http://www.day.com/jsr170/server/JCR_Webdav_Protocol.zip

--> status of the client part
http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg02100.html

in order to access to the server you should be aware of:

-->  'resource-path-prefix' init-param in the web.xml
      defaults:    '/repository' for the simple, filebased view
                   '/server' for jcrserver
-->  SimpleWebdavServlet by default requires the workspace name
      (see also repository.xml) to be part of the resource path.
      default:     'default'

regards
angela