jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository Constraints?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:47:15 GMT
hi roland,

> Its not only a business rule for us but also a matter of data integrity.
> Usually we implement constraint-checks for the frontend for validation
> of user input.
> Then occasionally as business rule, and finally as as data constraint.
> I really think about the data integrity aspect here.
> The Observer/Listener way seems a little tedious.

i somehow have a problem understanding the particular example of
a "data constraint", namely the uniqueness of a "title".

in general, i agree that uniqueness of property values is an interesting
idea. as i mentioned, it is not as straight forward as in a relational
database because of the (multiple) inheritance of nodetypes.

> Thanks also for the hint about contains,  my collegue says contains dont
> works for partial words wich we really need for suggestions.
> "a tit" would suggest "a title".
this is correct. much like google doesn't deal with partial words, in jcr
we also don't deal with partial word in fulltext.

> Is there a way to search partial words, for example can we reconfigure
> lucene?
if i put my "application developer hat" on, i would not like to tweak
the content repository too much, but just additionally store a lowercase
version of the "title" property, and use that one for searching. (of course
based on an observation listener, which tracks all the changes in
"title" properties)

regards,
david