jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository Constraints?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:59:36 GMT
hi roland,

in jcr there is no constraint for uniqueness of a property. given
the inheritance of nodetypes this is a slightly more complicated
idea than with tables of an rdbms.

also i find it questionable to introduce a constraint to check
uniqueness of a title (i assume a string property) a bit questionable
on the data layer (the repository, in this case). i would suggest to
do this on an application layer. what do you think?

On 11/21/05, Roland Kofler <roland.kofler@systemone.at> wrote:
> Hi all, we would like to introduce a constrain for our Title property
> that asserts its uniqueness.
> We want to do this as close to the datalayer as possible - in analogy to
> column constrains in rdbms'.
> The only method we came up to, is binding an Listener to the
> ObserverManager.
> a) Are there better ways to constrain properties?
> b) If not, what is the best way to get the property that fired the event?
>    Is there a way to get the item that fired the event in the callback
> method? Didn't find a solution for this.
>    By now we register the event to the second ancestor node 'pages',
> which contains a 'page' and
>    look up in the callback if a 'title' change fired the event.
>    so we get a path "/s1:pages/page[2]/s1:title" among other property
> changes.
> Thank you for your help!!
> Roland Kofler

http://jcr.day.com JSR-170 in Action!