jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Miro Walker" <miro.wal...@cognifide.com>
Subject RE: [VersionHistory] User-Identification
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:48:51 GMT
A good, simple way to do this is to add a "last-modified-by" property to the node itself and
update it programmatically every time you save with the ID of the user. That way, every time
a version is committed, it will contain the last-modified-by ID of the user who last changed
it. It's then easy to find and query on, as it is part of the node definition.

Miro

-----Original Message-----
From: Humer G√ľnther [mailto:Guenther.Humer@ams-engineering.com]
Sent: 14 November 2005 08:26
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [VersionHistory] User-Identification

Hi!
Is it possible to track changes per user?
I need to see in the VersionHistory, who checked in the node.

There is nothing defined in JCR or did I miss something?

What would be the recommended way to implement this task?
I think of something like redefining jcr:frozenNode to add a user, but jcr:frozenNode is a
systemNode...
Do I have to redefine my versioned nodes with a type that must have a userid and manage it
by myself??

IMHO this is an important feature and it would be sad if it is not in the specification...

Thanks!