jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Apache Jackrabbit Web Site Problems
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:18:56 GMT
On Nov 28, 2005, at 12:39 AM, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> I think, David fixed the backslashes this weekend. But the site
> does not seem to have been updated yet.

Yep, I upgraded to OS X 10.4.3 over the weekend and lost my
subversion client
in the process.  Any committer should be able to build the site using
the
instructions below.

....Roy

Editing our site: <http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/>
================

   svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jackrabbit/site \
          jackrabbit-site

Note that the above checkout should be at the same level as your
jackrabbit checkout, such that you can

   cd jackrabbit
   cd ../jackrabbit-site

and be in the right place.  The reason for that is we have configured
maven's site:deploy target to install in the filesystem under
"../jackrabbit-site" so that the site can be managed automatically.

To make changes, first edit the source content under "jackrabbit/src/
site"
and then generate the HTML versions using Maven.

Here is the process for generating the site content after the
above checkouts have been done and changes made:

   cd jackrabbit-site
   svn update          # updates your co with other folks commits
   cd ../jackrabbit
   maven clean         # for some reason, the tests need to be cleaned
   svn update          # updates your co with other folks commits
   maven site:deploy   # builds everything into target then copies
site to
   cd ../jackrabbit-site
   svn update          # status of regenerated files are reset
   svn status | egrep '^\?'
     # run svn add on the listed files/directories that are new
   svn commit -m "generated docs"

The actual website is a checked-out copy on www.apache.org.
It can be updated manually only by those people with an account
on www.apache.org.  It is also updated automatically by a process
run every four hours (03:06,07:06,11:06,15:06,19:06,23:06 Pacific Time).

Note that the above process is only sufficient for changes to
existing files and new files.  When source files are deleted or moved
under jackrabbit, their corresponding docs files have to be separately
deleted or moved within the jackrabbit-site tree (otherwise, the old
generated file will just sit there and stagnate).