jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Humer Günther <Guenther.Hu...@ams-engineering.com>
Subject WebDAV - Servlet User-configuration
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:03:34 GMT
Hi!

At the moment I built the Standard-Jackrabbit-Configuration, deployed it on Tomcat and start
Tomcat with
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=<path>.
At the moment I login with "userid"/"" and it works... Sometimes...
When I open the WebDAV-Server via Browser (localhost:8080/jackrabbit/repository/default/)
every second time, I get an error [1].

How can I configure the Username/Password of the WebDAV-Servlet?
Is the authentication forwarded to the Jackrabbit-Repository?
So I have to adjust jaas.config...

How can I configure the Servlet to use anonymous authentification?

Where do I have to start, when I want to authenticate my Users against a custom table in my
database?

If a users changes a file via WebDAV, can I query the JCR-Server or the Servlet about the
change or is the information lost? Per default, Jackrabbit doesn't store user-information
to the nodes...
But WebDAV allows me to get the owner of a Resource. Where is this information stored?

Btw. How do I respond to a Thread entry with a mailing-program (Outlook or Thunderbird), that
it shows up in the right thread and doesn't start a new thread? Didn't find anything...

Thanks
Günther

[1]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Fr, 25 Nov 2005 09:53:17 CET
	org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getDateHeader(Request.java:1791)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getDateHeader(RequestFacade.java:630)
	org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.WebdavRequestImpl.getDateHeader(WebdavRequestImpl.java:724)
	org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.spoolResource(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:363)
	org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.doGet(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:344)
	org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.SimpleWebdavServlet.execute(SimpleWebdavServlet.java:191)
	org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.service(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:170)